Thread: lost logbook
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 09:19 AM
mistarose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Furloughed
Lightbulb

Just the subject of this thread sent chills down my back. I won't ask how someone "threw away" your logbook, thats too bad.

Fortunately I found this response to a similar question on the internet that may help you, I'll post it here:

There are several things you can do to reconstruct logbooks. I have copied the section from the Inspectors Handbook to assist you. This is a piece of cake. If you need futher assistance contact your local FSDO.

Aeronautical training and experience that is used by airmen to meet the requirements for a certificate or rating, or for recent flight experience, must be documented in a reliable record. This section provides guidance to operations inspectors on the requirement for airmen possession of logbook records and replacement of pilot flight experience records.

A pilot logbook is the primary evidence of pilot experience; however, inspectors may accept operator records in lieu of a personal pilot logbook.

731. LOST LOGBOOKS OR FLIGHT RECORDS.
Inspectors should advise airmen that they may reconstruct lost logbooks or flight records by providing a signed statement of previous flight time.

A. Proof of Experience. Airmen may use the following items to substantiate flight time and experience:
• Aircraft logbooks
• Receipts for aircraft rentals
• Operator records
• Copies of airman medical files
• Copies of FAA Form 8710-1, "Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application"

B. Obtaining File Copies. Airmen who have lost their logbooks or flight records may request copies of their files from the FAA by writing to the following:
FAA Airmen Certification Branch, AVN-46
P. O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

FAA, Aeromedical Certification Branch
P. O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

NOTE
Inspectors should encourage pilots to complete the flight time sections of official record forms, even though it would not be required for that specific certificate. These records document a chronological development of flight time in case personal records become lost.

Reference material is FAA Order 8700.1 Volume 2, Chapter 9, Section 731