View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by nkbux View Post
I agree our pay is a joke but where in Gods name are you coming up with these numbers? I made 88k the year prior to upgrade (3rd year pay) flying my lines plus two JA for the year.
3rd year is 77.73 X 72hrs X 12 months = $67,158.72. The United numbers were figured on the same guarantee. Sure we have lines over 72hrs and so do they but that's not guaranteed money by any stretch and can't be built into a family budget. JA, and any open time for that matter is completely at the whim of management and requires working on ones day off.

You have to compare straight guarantee simply because it's the only hard number you can count on at any airline. Too many variables otherwise to make a fair comparison.

You also can't vote on a contract based on working X amount over guarantee or getting X JAs. Even if one can hold a big transition conflict every month it doesn't mean they will make over guarantee even if they want to. What if there is no open time to pick up over that conflict? That's at the whim of management.