Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Xdashdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by flapshalfspeed View Post
Best part: " She faces extradition to Mexico"

Do they let non-US-citizen FAs/pilots like her utilize KCM to access "secure" airports/airliners? If so I'm terrified of the consequences of that gross oversight of security.

For pilots, KCM makes sense--the most dangerous weapons we have are our hands and feet, so who really cares what's in our bags/pockets...but FAs? Like the one in the article? Should we really be letting them through KCM with ZERO bag check/metal detector?

We really, really have a gaping hole in our security infrastructure by allowing FAs to go through KCM--to the extent I wonder why we even bother with screening anyone at all
I think you're a little confused. The article doesn't say anything about Mexico....only NEW Mexico. She was arrested in Texas so she has to be extradited to NEW Mexico (where supposedly the alleged crime took place) to face charges. Extradition is a legal process to transport you across jurisdictional borders to face charges where the crime was committed. I think you're thinking of deportation which is what happens if you are in the U.S. illegally. She is not being deported (pretty sure she's a U.S. Citizen), just extradited to New Mexico. Largely a formality between U.S. states, but necessary nonetheless.