Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
Got an interview this week and wondering if anyone has the latest info on the process.
This post sums up my experience. I think they're using a different "simulator" for the sim check. Other than that it should be about right. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by AgCat View Post
Yeah, no sweat. Meet up at their offices/ops center on Sheridan Rd, right there at the airport. B767 fleet manager, Adam Ramsey greeted us. We then boarded a van out to Riverside Airport (I think the name has been changed but that's what it was when I was in college). We met up with a young guy at a big flight school who would give us all a sim check in a thing called a Red Bird 1000, which is the flight schools Seminole sim. I was in the box a minute or two after entering the room. T/O fly a raw date ILS to landing and then a V1 cut maneuver with a climb to 500 ft. No big deal. Takes about 20 mins to do the sim. Why you're waiting for everyone to go through the sim ride you take a 30 question basic ATP knowledge test. Again, no big deal. Both coming and going to the sim in the van, Adam Ramsey was very straight forward on what you can expect if hired at Omni. Nothing touchy feely, just the facts. Then we were taken to lunch at a good Mexican place then back to headquarters. One on one interviews at that point. That's it, go home. I think Ramsey may have suggested that we would all be placed in a pool of pilots but I was out of the room for that comment. I left the interview with no reason to believe that I had done poorly.