View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 04:58 PM
FlyGuy2002
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Ill be the minority here but I they should and will ratify it. Its not amazing but from what Im seeing its an improvement. A 5th year FA is looking at a 50% raise in what they are making now and when they will be at year 10. Im not a mathematician but 50% over 5 years is avg 10% raise a year from current pay. they get 150% for anything over 85 hours, and most all of em i know credit much higher than 85. They get full Deadhead pay which seem small gain but its big in my opinion. Never should you get paid less just because you are deadheading. They get double their 401k contribution from what they have now. From folks i know at other places 6% match is standard. they get more sick time balance max i believe too. The health insurance is what everyone is whining about. zero deductible is fantastic and also extremely rare. $250-$750 deductible is still extremely reasonable.. and hell if you sign up for the high deductible plan spirit will put $1750 in your hsa for them year one. with premiums of like $10 every pay periods. In my book that is still damn good insurance and a fair offer for both sides. Ill receive flak but Ive glanced over their entire TA and by and large think they should ratify it and move on.. Its not earth shattering amazing but its a decent, fair and worthy of passing.. It'll be interesting to hear all the hoopla in the next month… hopefully ours soon after! and after hearing what southwest is wanting.. my ask price keeps climbing and climbing !