View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 02:42 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
I love this rumor and I hope it happens, however I'm very skeptical. Delta management (and former NWA mgmt) don't like buying new and expensive airplanes for short-haul flying stuff. Reason being that it's very difficult for them to make money when they're not in the air for 12-14 hours a day. We have no problem buying new and expensive airplanes for wide-body and coast to coast airplanes because we keep them in the air for 14-18 hours a day. During certain times of year our DC9 and 88's would only fly 8 hours a day. Not a big deal to have your airplanes sitting on the ramp for hours a day / night though when they're paid for or payments are low (E190 or used Airbus, etc...).

I think this is still just Delta negotiating with Boeing and Airbus to get a better deal.
Problem with SNB aircraft... is that a real acronym btw? Small Narrow Body? Problem is there are only so many hours in a day it can fly (8 1.5 flights is about max) and at 110 seats there are only so many long range flights for it.

It doesn't make much sense. A 190 order as RJ replacement and A319/321 deal as an 88 replacement. The good thing about the latter is it pays more. Problem is I doubt its 1:1 on hulls.

I say that because there is a multi people rumor of 37 A321s with long range headed our way.