Thread: here it is!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Toccata
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: DC10 Captain

Plus, Attachment A to the LOA which reinforces the Railway Labor Act provisions covering all FedEx crew members assigned/awarded an FDA in Hong Kong/Paris. This further strengthens our position that all future expansion/flying will be done by pilots on the FedEx Pilots Master Seniority list. This is an important component of the LOA.
Current CBA Recognition Clause:
A. 2. The Company further recognizes that included in the craft or class represented by the Association in conformity with the RLA are those crewmembers on Foreign Duty Assignment (“FDA”), Special International Bid Award (“SIBA”) and/or any other international assignment, domicile or location manned by pilots on the Federal Express Master Seniority List

Attachment A, #7:
7. I shall continue to be a member of the class or craft of flight deck crewmembers of Federal Express currently represented by ALPA pursuant to the Railway Labor Act. ALPA will continue to act as my exclusive bargaining representative during my time at the CDG FDA and/or the HKG FDA.

Do not overlook the future implications of this LOA. The Hong Kong/Paris flying is going to happen. Either pilots currently on our seniority list will do it or someone else will. If the company is forced to hire someone else to do the flying and they are added to the bottom of our list, your seniority has not changed. You may not see any seat progression as a result of this hiring. Remember, seniority is not how many are below you on the list...seniority is how many are in front of you. If the company must hire pilots to do the flying that results from international expansion, the only way your seniority will improve is through death or retirements.
This tactic is truly bordering on embarrassing.