View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 10:59 AM
wildcat1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Exupery View Post
Is the slow down in the oil business impacting EA in Texas? Haven't seen or heard too much about hiring and expansion lately and have noticed they're looking for a new Sales Director in the market.

Any insiders care to share insights into the current pace of hiring? Still flying as many days / hours?

Thanks
I used to work there, but have left for greener pastures. From the people I talk to, the 10 on/5 off has improved life greatly. Some of the low time pilots that are more motivated are asking for more hours.

As for hiring, the pilots there don't know what the hiring plans are until they happen. They still have regular attrition and so they will have holes to fill. I find it hard to believe that they'll stop hiring for the foreseeable future.

Has oil affected the Texas flying? Probably not a lot. They have some people in oil and gas, but the bulk of their customers are in other fields. Although, it is all related in Texas.

Keep applying monthly. Getting hired has more to do with being available than being qualified.