View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
TipTip35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by 10and2
If you have access to a Flying History Report you'd take Primary+Secondary+IP/EP+(.3xtotal sorties)=PIC Turbine (do not count other time).

Why do you have to throw away all other time? I've frequently flown with 3 pilots and on long legs I may get up and let the two co-pilots fly (monitor the autopilot). Even though I'm out of the seat I'm the A code and still making all decisions and they cant takeoff or land without me in the seat. As a result I have a lot of other time but I still count it towards PIC if I was the A code...

Toad, as for the question about C-12 time I had the same question. I ended up putting it in transport time b/c the only other option was civilian time and although its a civilian airplane you flew it in the military and they would define it as transport/cargo. I really dont think it matters b/c they ask you for the type aircraft so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

As for the PIC time that is a good question that I cannot get a good answer to either. I've heard the 90% technique or the use everything after MP upgrade but neither is exact and can vary significantly between airframes. For an airline that wants to know the time you logged as the A code I'm not sure if a wag is acceptable even if it is close...