View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
10and2
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: HUD Baby

TipTip,
Check this out straight from the SWA website...

3Southwest Airlines defines "Pilot in Command" as the Pilot responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft during flight. This definition is taken from PART I of the FAR. Southwest Airlines further allows logging of PIC as follows: For an aircraft requiring a type rating: If both pilots are type rated, the pilot in the left seat and sole manipulator of the controls may log PIC. If only one pilot is type rated only that pilot may log PIC, regardless of seat position. For aircraft not requiring a type rating: Only the pilot in the left seat and sole manipulator of the controls may log PIC. For military personnel, Southwest Airlines will allow flight time logged as "Pilot In Command" (PIC) only if you are the Captain/Aircraft Commander or Instructor Pilot. Primary time will only be considered PIC on a specific aircraft after an individual upgrades to Aircraft Commander in the appropriate aircraft. Time logged, as "Other Time" will not be considered. When converting taxi time a conversion factor of .3 or eighteen minutes, per leg/sortie should be used. These guidelines are imposed by Southwest Airlines for the purpose of standardizing the calculation of flight time.

I'm really only familar with SWA in the regards to "no other" time. If there are more companies out there with the same policy I'd love to know. I'm with you though man..spent many of hours myself monitoring CPs/FPs from the jump seat while in command. I do know that you can count your "other" time at FEDEX and UPS....not sure about others.