View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
NotTooBad
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: CRJ-200 FO

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
hey guys got a question for you ASA guys? What are the upgrade mins at ASA? The reason I ask is that i am thinking of leaving my current Regional to go to ASA? I will be giving up about 6 months of seniority at my current airline. However with ASA hiring all of these really low time guys, I am wondering if a lot of them will not be able to upgrade when their number comes up because of their low times. Leaving a shorter upgrade for the guys who have the flight time mins?? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

I'm not sure the numbers for upgrades now. They just changed them...I do know that. As far as us not being able to hold it when the number comes....I doubt it will get to that. They are saying two years until upgrades minimum....contrary to popular belief the MAJORITY of pilots hired currently are 800+. There are a few really low time people, but my new hire class average was about 1100 (2 months ago). I seriously doubt we'll fly so little/upgrade so quick that we won't be able to hold it when we get there. Maybe a few for the age rule....