View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Left Handed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 319/320/321...whatever it takes.

Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Here's the transcript of the most interesting part of the call this morning:

Jamie N. Baker - JPMorgan Securities LLC

Okay. And as a followup to that, Bob, I know you want to avoid negotiating in public, but the industry wage bar is rising at a pretty rapid clip for aviators and your cost structure obviously is already quite lean. Is it inevitable that the next pilot contract reduces margins? I mean, when I think about the flexibility that some of your competitors have, they can densify, they can make offsetting revisions to profit sharing, they can add back seats, that kind of stuff. I mean you're already doing all of that stuff. So am I missing something?

Robert L. Fornaro - President, Chief Executive Officer & Class III Director

No, I think, there are again a couple of differences and like I said, in terms of pricing, there are tiers. You have, again, Frontier and Allegiant well below us and that's...

Yes.

...our peer group, and you move into another bracket, you have JetBlue slightly above us and then you actually have the legacies, and I think there is a context for all this stuff. And in terms of what we offer, we offer fast growth, our pilots become captains much earlier than their peers.

Yes.

And there is a benefit of that. And so there is a benefit of maintaining a higher growth rate. And that's what we primarily offer. None of the large carriers can get you to that left seat in a couple of years and that's a primary advantage. That's a primary reason or a key reason for coming here and quite frankly the longer we can maintain a higher growth rate that will provide the best benefit to the pilot group. So that's kind of the context that we're thinking about and like I said that's the way we will approach our negotiations.

He's either completely delusional, or feeding the Wall St analysts what they want to hear.
Of course is he is telling Wall St what they want to hear. What's interesting is him saying the longer we keep this growth rate up the better. Are there more orders on the horizon? Because you can't hide the no growth from Wall Street.