Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 01:12 PM
OkStateBryan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by bmo42 View Post
Seriously considering applying to Boutique, but I'm curious about how the scheduling works and what your days on look like. Just trying to figure out how many adjustments we'll have to make in the family if everything works out.

I saw on Reddit that they typically schedule you 4 on and 3 off? And it seems like overnights are somewhat rare. So what does a typical day look like? How early do you start, and what time are you generally leaving the terminal in the evening? Is there much downtime between flights, or are you flying for most of the day? Are there standby schedules and seniority-based-bidding like in the airlines? Are the days of the week on which you fly consistent from month-to-month, or does it vary quite a bit?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to make sure everyone is on the same page about what to expect should I make it through the process. Thanks for your time and input! Applying for a Denver FO position if that matters at all.
I suggest you go back to previous posts in this thread. A lot of those questions have been answered already.

Can't vouch for Denver. Pretty sure they have PM/AM shifts (either an overnight or CDO, not sure how they do it up there) and day shifts. Not sure who said overnights are rare but that's false. Every single trip I fly out of my base is an overnight trip. Lasts about 24 hours and then I get a 24 hour break before the next trip unless I have days off. Each base is different. I suggest you ask Denver specific questions whenever you interview. Not sure if we have any DEN guys on here.