Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Flyboyrw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Lawn Chair

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I think he received it yesterday, I got the same tidbit from them about 6 months ago when I tried to sign up for my CFI and they said sorry bub, we don't train any CFIs who are not going to work for us. Too bad... I really wanted to do it with them as they fit my schedule perfectly. In fact, I cannot find anyone else who fits my schedule and have not gone for my CFI exactly due to this problem. I have put off teaching altogether pretty much because it's too much trouble unless I can do it all in one or two weeks. No wonder there is a shortage of CFIs- they all went to Comair and AllATPs won't train anybody.
I am in the exact same boat as you. I don't have the time to enroll in a multi month course for just an initial. I am wondering what to do, I found us flight academy in Denton, TX. But I don't really know much about them, and I am a little hesitant to roll out there from ca for an unknown school.
What to do.

Oh, and I found out ATP would only take people going to work for them yesterday, after I have been talking to them for the last two months to sign up, it comes out yesterday when I mention something to him about it. Kind of makes me wonder what I have done if I didn't say anything and paid them their 1000 and showed up. "Oh, and by the way....welcome aboard, move to Flordia."