Joined APC: Nov 2005

Quitter
Quitter
Quitter
Quitter
Quitter
Quitter
Quitter
Guilty. I did resign from the MEC Chairmans position before my term was up. I'v'e learned things since then. Grown up a bit if you will.

Originally Posted by Tine View Post
I'm close to your seniority. You speak the truth. I'd love a sit down. I have to listen to the propaganda spewed by DFW FOs who actually believe these clowns. Reset my braking brake at the gate and warn me of moderate chop 2 hours prior to departure. Ask him to his face why he quit?
I'll be happy to tell you why I resigned/quit. In his first day in office, the newly elected 109 FO Rep asked me to arrange a conference call for the purpose of electing a new MEC Sec/Treasurer. The then Sec/Treas wanted out and they wanted to elect a new Sec/Treas in time to get him into the upcoming ALPA Sec/Treas Conference at Herndon. I informed him that an MEC Officer election required a, properly called and bulletined, meeting in which the Officer was elected in a one man one vote ballot. I promised to call the ALPA National Sec/Treas Capt Chris Beebe the next morning to ensure that our new Sec/Treas would be able attend.

I declined the conference call election because and MEC CAN'T elect (nor recall) an MEC Officer on a conference call. Doing so is against the ALPA C&BL's.

They went on that night, against my Constitutional advice and without my knowledge, and held a conference call meeting to elect a new Sec/Treas. One of them duly submitted the meeting minutes to ALPA National. I woke up the next morning expecting to call Capt Beebe and arrange for ARM, their choice for Sec/Treas, and instead found a message from ALPA's elections lady chewing my tail for trying to elect a MEC Sec/Treas on an illegal conference call.

To recap, the MEC completely disregarded my C&BL's knowledge, went behind my back and attempted to perform an illegal action, and I received a reprimand from ALPA National for what happened.

So yes, I told the MEC that I would resign at the next MEC meeting and did so. The MEC needs to have respect for their Chairman and vice versa. The pilot group deserves as much.

I suspect that I did them a favor. Live and learn.

Now then, what else would you like to know? I guess I'll just thank you for allowing me to explain.