View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:48 AM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by illtake2 View Post
If two ALPA carriers merge, they have to agree on integration or it goes to an arbitrator. 99.9% of the time it goes to arbitration. An arbitrator isn't influenced by fancy lawyers, you state facts and they create the law. Ask republic how their last merger went with frontier Midwest and Lynx? That's with fancy lawyers representing us, I am not a teamster fan, I was just point out facts, something this forum doesn't like to acknowledge.

Can our MEC not outline career expectations? There are only a few people in the US that can arbitrate integrations, you don't think they have heard it all? I have been through a merger, have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You cant be this clueless...you seriously cant.

An arbitrator is a judge. Are you seriously taking the extremely misguided position that a judge's opinion can not be swayed by the argument made by a lawyer?

Maybe Republic got spanked in their merger because you had cruddy lawyers; but that doesn't make sense to you because all lawyers are equal in your mind an unable to present a compelling argument to a arbitrator (judge).

You are a new FO here and looking at a 4-5 year upgrade at least anyways. Pay your $30 and maybe you will still see the left seat if we merger in the next 4-5 years. Cant believe you don't realize that you may be in the right seat for a LONG time if a merger goes bad and odds are, we will merger before you upgrade in 2020.

....wait....you dont think its 2.5 year upgrade or a 3 year for you...do you..please tell me Jyri didn't sell you on that.

I've schooled you enough today. Pay your $30 and be quiet, you don't like it, i'm sure Republic is hiring. God I love the fact you have zero say in the assessment being taken out of your check and I hope you get angry every time you see that $30 being taken out, furiously angry