Thread: New Mesa Thread

iFlyRC , 05-04-2016 06:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off
iFlyRC
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2015
Quote: Here's what I read into that. More growth. They know without a doubt that as long as they continue to grow and add aircraft, they will have to conceded nothing. I think it's complete bull that they cant pay a better wage. I loved the scare tactics about if they increased wages then we would shut the doors. Simply not true, but they can continue to use the line until classes stop filling.

I think it is in their plan for the next two or more years to continue to add aircraft to the fleet at a metered rate (JO even said that) in order to keep pay at its current level. They will fill the classes because the quick upgrade will be there for the foreseeable future.
I was extremely lucky for the timing I was hired, all of us really, in 2013 were hired for part 117 needs. Was only in ground school did we find out that we were awarded the 30 e-jets. Needless to say, after 18 months, one of the lowest paying regionals turned into the highest paying one. As I said before, I havent even hit my four year mark, and making 65$ hour. JO has a point with the fast upgrades. Yes, it will take longer for new people than what I experienced, but you are still at one of the best regionals to get that TPIC time, and to be holding a line. For those stuck on reserve, I feel your pain. I'd love it if our union would work on a LOA, and give reservists the ability to go home by 4pm on their last day, as the previous TA had it.