Thread: NWA Pilots
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Rosie
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Dudes,

This will more than likely be the plane to replace the DC-9 at NWA. The contract has specific language regarding a 100 seat aircraft (note the article mentions the plane is 100+). The pay rate for the 100 seater in the contract is much much much less than the DC-9. The DC-9 had a capacity of about 75 or so in the DC-9 10 version, the DC-9 30 carries about 106 if I remember correctly (these are both with first class configurations). What I wonder is why the reduction in pay for an aircraft with similar capacity. The DC-9 replacement and pay rate as well as with the pull back in the amount of 319 and 320 (about 20 slated to be turned back due to lease agreements or some other reasons) is one of the reason I have moved on from NWA and to a different carrier. I understand morale is pretty bad as well. Good luck.

Here is the article:

FAA certifies Embraer 195
Charlie Lunan
8/10/2007

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued the type certificate for the EMBRAER 195 jet, the capstone of its 70-to-100 strategy.

The largest aircraft ever produced by Embraer was certified by its native Brazilian National Civil Aviation Agency and the European Aviation Safety Agency last year.

"With the FAA certificate for the EMBRAER 195, all four E-Jets are now certified by the world's three main aviation safety agencies," said Mauro Kern, Embraer Executive Vice President, Airline Market.

The EMB 195 has a maximum seating capacity of 122 passengers, a range of up to 2,200 nautical miles (4,077 km), and burns up to 45% less fuel than previous jet generations.

Embraer's other E-Jets - the E-170, E-175 and E-190 - carry from 70 to 114 passengers, a segment Embraer is convinced will outgrow all others as airlines replace aging aircraft, downsize to smaller jets on underperforming routes and expand into mid-sized markets as low cost carriers. The company forecasts that 70-110 seat jets will respresent 47 percent of its deliveries over the next 20 years.

JetBlue now flies 25 of Embrear's next smallest E-Jet, the EMB 190. US Airways flies two.

Cheers
Rosie