Thread: Spirit of NKS, Part II

gonyon , 05-28-2016 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off
gonyon
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2010
Quote: Sorry to bust your "the senior pilots suk" bubble, but the CBA was negotiated by junior to mid senior (at the time) pilots and was promoted by the same group. From my experience (totally anecdotal, non scientific observation), the 26% of us who voted against the TA were mostly Captains. The FO's were bribed wih twice the signing bonus ($7000) and voted accordingly. You might want to consider something: a bad attitude toward people senior to your date of hire doesnt do anything to promote the unity we'll need to succeed. Just ask Ramrod. If he's who I think he is, he's got a far better grasp of reality than you realize, but you guys are making him an enemy. Not really what you want to do.

Junior to mid seniority at the time all stood to benefit from the top heavy payscale that really only gets palatable after about the seven year mark.

Would be very hard to convince me that there wasn't a conversation at the time about how "crappy the scale is the first 5 years but the fact that none of those guys are here right now"

The fact of the matter is the bulk of the votes are in the mid to junior seniority range right now so while the senior voice and experience is always important the votes are with us

Lotiér