View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 AM
PearlPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: DHC-8 SIC

Originally Posted by SevereClear View Post
Union this, Union that...you people make me sick.

When did you wake up one day and decide that you'd want a "representative" to "represent" you? Here's an idea: Go knock on someone's door and have a civil conversation. Or can't you speak for yourself?

But, hey - go ahead and hide behind the yoke...that'll get a lot accomplished.

You people have no clue how good you have it. You get to wake up in the morning, be around aircraft all day (even if it is at the FBO on standby) and then you get to fly at FL410 with the best view in the house.

Go work in an office for a day with no windows.

There are people in this world that will never have the opportunity to do what you're doing. None of them will ever be able to flip through their logbooks one day and remember all the great places that YOU HAVE BEEN! You travel the region, the country, the world...some never get to leave their hometown's backyard.

Being a pilot used to be - and still is - a very honorable profession. Nobody forced you into this field...you CHOSE it because at one point you loved it.

Some of you CLEARLY don't.
Wow! Well said. A very rare kind of post indeed. I love browsing through these forums and reading about how it is to be a pro-pilot as I am still in college struggling to get it done. I am right now at an office cubicle with no windows. I am not saying I hate this job, but I would so much love to hang out in an airport!!!