Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 07:15 AM
DXShawn
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Default Btq sic

Hello! New to the post so please bear with me. Just had a few questions if anyone could answer I would be very much appreciative!

Commercially Rated S/MEL with IR but out of the game for several years. Approx 250TT looking to get on with a 135 carrier as SIC. Trained in the upper Midwest and am currently an aircraft dispatcher for a 121 Carrier out of MSP for past several years. With the arrival of BTQ into MSP and the takeover of EAS into TVF and I'm sure many more to come based on their business model and better efficiency of operating into those markets, it has piqued my interest into getting back into the game so to speak.

I am interested in growing with a company and have heard great things about BTQ thus far.

My questions are, given length of time (approx 7 years) since the bulk of training (although will be getting back into currency all together shortly), with such low hours but over 5 years of dispatch and crew related experience of flight/load planning, opspecs, IFR planning for a regional airline, would that be considered mildly competitive for an SIC position?

What are the base assignments like? I saw that base assignments are awarded at time of GS but commuting non feasible, what is the time frame like for base transfers (if LAX based for example, transfer to MSP)

Is there a sim associated with the interview post verbal interviews?

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help or advice you could give!

Thank you once again!