Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 07:29 AM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

How much extra flying can we do with our 4,000 pilots than the other regionals? At least 2-3% more with our credit vs block. Not to mention the fact that we get our schedules loaded to the max and require less reserves since we have no contractual protections that cost the company more money. (like other airlines under the Inc umbrella) We can do more flying for less money because we continually look at pay rates during negotiations and miss all the QOL items that other regionals have. Little things like commuter hotels and parking passes add up to big savings for the company. Then they take 6% of all those savings and let us split it between the 4,000 of us. Why anyone would be excited to have more pilots to split the profit sharing is beyond me.

Ol' Skippy is just dropping the same fear bomb they launched as SAPA was selling us our pay package. I can't believe any of us would think they would be perfectly fine shrinking our airline because they can't afford to give us a higher min day or reserve rules. I'll be happy with whatever number of pilots that finally allows me to drop or trade a trip after 2 years of working 90+ hours each month.