View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:57 PM
feltf4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
I used to get ****ed when guys would do this . However I have learned over the last 3 1/2 years that you need good trips as leverage in order to trade Into better ones in order to make your schedule more effiecint .

I ll admit I do it the time and it works into my advantage to trade into efficient trips with guys more senior to me cause the trip I have works better for them and the trip they have works better for me esp as a commuter .

My goal is to get as much credit I can with the days I am awarded to work . Meaning if I am awarded 18 days off I want to work my tail off during the 12 days . Don't give me crappy 3 day 10
Hour trips during those 12 days . Give me torturous long and hard days . Then let me enjoy my time at home. I dont like going below my days awarded off cause I feel that could be a new pilot job .

Perfect example , I was lucky to snag a 10.5 hours single day island turn 2 weeks ago. It was smack in the middle of 8 days off . So didn't work with my schedule . So I immedialty put it on the trade board and witched with a guy who had the same trip that worked with a 4 day that I already had . What's wrong with this senecrio ? Why is this poor pilot etiquette ?

Haters gonna hate but anyone can do the same thing to make their lower seniority schedule better .

It's the game the company forces us to play with the massive amount of un efficient and uncommutable trips we have .

Ahhh I don't know.... Maybe because someone might want to work that trip?

*** do I know though.

And what do you do when you don't get someone to pick up your trip?

Your bot doesn't know you don't want to work on your days off?