Thread: FedEx questions
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by airlinepilotguy View Post
How long is the layover for an international flight? i.e. Memphis-Cologne, Germany
At first I was just scratching my head..... internation-wah?? Clueless.....then I saw the "i.e. Memphis-Cologne" and I got it. Good thing you put that in there or I don't think I could have helped you out. (sorry, I couldn't resist).

If you're asking about Cologne specifically: 777 has it right now. There are 24 hour layovers and 48 hour layovers. One leg over and one leg back on a line of just those types of trips. They mix it together with STN over&backs trips some months and other months it's pure. We also fly from CAN to CGN and then on to a variety of destinations/duties after that. Those are highly variable length layovers.

International layovers in general have no set pattern of length and could be anything from under 20 hours to 4-5 days. 24 hours is common but our contract requires a minimum of 32 every 5 days. 48 is also fairly common. Longer layovers do happen, but they're a little less frequent. 60-70 hours layovers are typically the result of a weekend or holiday disrupting service. I just had 100 hours in China not long ago - It's never Germany or Sydney when I get long ones like that.