Thread: ICED
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
My two cents, which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

It is not about hourly rates. It is not about length of contract. It is about QUALITY OF LIFE.

If you GIVE productivity in the forms of increased ALV for example, you're not getting that back without giving something MAJOR up.

A contract in today's environment should not be laden with concessions. This is a chance in the midst of a pilot shortage and regional airlines on life support to MAKE GAINS. At a later time the BK court will take said gains and with a shred of luck reduce us to nothing less than we have today.

Working on vacation? No. If that is the case and they want that caveat in there, then we should be able to add flying on vacation. And if you're worked on a vacation day you get the extra day back on the end of your vacation, even if it touches another rotation. Along with positive space home, or to wherever your family is at when your vacation was origionally scheduled to begin.

So as pilots we can not plan anything on day 1 of vacation in case the company needs us that day? No thanks.

If I incur third degree burns in a freak gasoline fight accident (Zoolander) and verify those. Then come back to work for a month then get explosive diarrhea and can't go to work, I then have to go to my doctor and get a $50 note at my expense to confirm that I am in fact battling Taco Bell?

You can't get this stuff back once you give it up guys. If it takes them four years to get it right, so be it. Pretty soon new hires will notice the difference between our $70/hr start rate and everyone else at $90+. That is when you'll see "them" play ball.

Virtual basing? That language has zero business being in our PWA. What happens if you're sick at a VB? Same as the FAs where you need to find your own replacement?

This deep thought was brought to you by the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids who want to learn to read well and want to learn to do other things well too.

Great post. I really, really would like to be able to vote yes but I don't think it is gonna turn out that way.

In honor of your very sage post complete with Zoolander references I hereby nominate you for the first annual Charles Montgomery Burns award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

Scoop :-)