Thread: ICED
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 05:22 PM
MtEverest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: CA

Originally Posted by longcall View Post
It's pretty amazing to me how easy it is for some of us to accept the concessions in the AIP's with the reasoning they aren't as bad as TA15 or they won't affect me.

The company is making amounts of money never dreamed of before despite the alleged "sick leave abusers" and vacation trip sharpshooters and without Virtual Bases, not to mention the expert, highly paid, fuel hedgers. And they will continue making just as much with them in the future. Getting rid of them is meaningless other than to prove to management that we are still unwilling to fight for what we deserve.

These profits are due in very large part to the concessions we've been working under for the last 15+ years. Why our "negotiators" didn't just laugh in their face when the company came to them with their needs is beyond me. If we cannot get what we deserve now under the best negotiation environment we will probably ever see, we are truly as stupid as the company thinks we are.
The lack of strategy, goals, meaningful communication and/or leadership is nothing short of sad and infuriating.

The company has us on our heals trying to figure out all the numerous ways they will screw us with newly entered items that your union is getting ready to TA while all the real wants in QOL, work rules and retirement are quickly forgotten.

Seriously ladies and gents, time to eject ALPA. Midstream is OK. Take the time and put the pieces in place to get this contract right. No more selling QOL for industry standard pay. It's beyond stupid.