View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
When you make 300k a year, there is never a rush to get anywhere. The party shows up when you get there, and not a moment before...

One by-product of retiring from the ANG was I realized I never had to be anywhere again at a certain time, except for the flight from the local airport commuting in to Memphis. The day I realized I never again had to worry about making a brief time in my hometown made going anywhere a breeze. I noticed I became the slowest driver in the house--never in a rush--always relaxed--and it not only made me safer but let me enjoy my day more too.

Adopt the attitude you are too important to rush. If others rush in front of you, laugh at their stress, and wish them well. Play your favorite CD or enjoy satellite radio, and think about those poor schumucks who get to do this drive twice a day. If you are going to Home Depot or out to lunch to meet your wife, there is no rush. Let the people with day jobs rush. Goes back to the whole "gets weekends off" mindset....I LIKED working weekends and having less folks on the lake, at the beach, or in line at Home Depot. Pilots should not be the ones stressed on the roads...

But yeah...like Kronan says...I can be a weird, grumpy MF when chronically tired. I stopped rushing home after trips for that very reason, and would take an extra 1/2 to rest and recover again before coming home. Family liked me better, and amazingly enough I found them much less irritating as well...
Yes sir, agree with every word.