View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
I wonder if any just follow postings on APC forums - a few with some real consistent pathology here, but fortunately mostly are the non-flyers hiding behind the computer. In real life almost everybody I've flown with has been a real pleasure.

Look at the task from the employer's point of view, would you want extremes of personality such as the super-religious guy, the inflexible rule-follower, or the opposite anti-authority maverick on your team? Although crude these can give a taste of somebody's behavior and outlook on the world. It is probably not a bad thing that most majors conduct the test.
Soooo thats following a few assumptions. The biggest is the accuracy of the tests. Looking into some of these tests, they appear to be built on alot of assumptions. But what do I know.

The airlines HR depts do however have alot of control over what scores are acceptable. The problem is that many HR personel have not been on a 4 day trip with somebody. How the hell do they know if a candidate will be a good fit in the company, IF they do not see the largest side of the company on an operational basis. That would be like me in charge of hiring lav service personel. How the hell do I know who has the right personality to pump sh!t all day long? Just saying