View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 12:36 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Flaps50 View Post
My Deadhead was an LAX-KIX 12:10 Block on JAL with a 171 degree angled seat. Not one of us got any sleep as we were sliding down the seat the entire time we had it flat... this is totally unsat in my book. I would have deviated and taken Delta through NRT, but the fare on the leg was $2031 which is wholly inadequate to deviate INTL with. I believe my bank should have been credited with a 1st class fare on another carrier which would have allowed us to deviate. We had a 70hr layover scheduled in KIX so they could have easily put us on another airline.
You should have been booked in First.

If a deadhead has 10 or more scheduled block hours, the travel shall be booked in the following order based upon avail-ability on the scheduled flight:
(a) First Class (discounted);
(b) Business Class (full fare or discounted);
(C) First Class (full fare)

Your bank should have been credited for first:

Regardless of the class of service actually ticketed, a pilot’s deviation bank shall be credited with the Baseline Fare for the highest class of service which authorized on the scheduled deadhead flight, and which exists on that flight.

This has nothing to do with Flat Bed seats (or the new contract) since you did not have a flat bed seat. File a discrepancy on the expense report and request the first class bank. If you don't get it grieve it.

Again this is the old contract, if you didn't have a 175 degree flat bed seat nothing changed. The language is only as good as we force the union to force the company to follow.

Last edited by FDXLAG; 08-06-2016 at 12:54 PM.