Thread: Filthy Cockpits
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 AM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by DustoffVT View Post
I was in seat 1A on a 145 this summer...I was amazed at the junk the crew had lying around. USA Today sections everywhere, bid pack, and the F/O couldn't find the MEL 'cause it had slipped into a dunkin' donuts box. It was literally spilling out of the cockpit. What a mess. If I was a fed who wanted to ride observer, my first impression would have been terrible, not to mention the impression passengers (customers!) get. Not saying the crew would let anything slide, but a clean, neat cockpit can speak volumes about our professionalism. Not to mention save your life (fire, etc). I always tried to leave just a pad and pen for the next guys. HSLD is dead on about MX, too...
well some of us clean whatever we can (wiping down yoke, screens, power levers, etc. with alcohol wipes.. and boy do those wipes end up so very nasty)... but there really is nothing we can or want to do about other stuff.. like dusty crumb-y dirt-filled floor which can only be scooped up by a (powerful!) vac. I thought only a crummy regional plane like mine would be dirty but it's not that much better in 777s huh. but you're right dustoff about the stuff that CAN be cleaned.. it's annoying when the pilots before you leave their trash lying around. kinda like those self entitled pax leaving their trash everywhere...