Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Tikiman
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: none

Originally Posted by MOGuy View Post
I was. Travel benefits were nice...when it worked out. Been here almost a year and have accrued enough points for airline tickets and hotel stays I don't miss the benefits. That being said I was at a non wholly owned regional where we were always bottom of the list crap barrel for stby. Plus I have a family so even more stressful doing stby. I do miss the Jumpseat but again I didn't use it that much as I didn't travel a lot due to family and little one at home. Now having travel bens as legacy pilot prolly little different story. So pros you keep all the hotel, airline, credit card points. Stay in pretty nice hotels almost always, and will eat better than you ever did at the regionals. Home based. I would say it's all PROS over a regional. Comparing it to a Major their tons of pros/cons and more than I want to tap on my iPad, but you could figure those out.
Are you 6/8 months away from upgrade?

Is it a stepping stone or career place?

Doesn't xo do 8/6? Talked to a guy and he said it is always first flight out of base (5 or 6 am) and last flight home on day 8.

1 week of vacation a year until 5 years, no trip trades etc.?--there has to be better quality of life options than that.

I agree most regionals are horrible and certainly not career places.

Last edited by Tikiman; 08-26-2016 at 06:41 PM.