Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 AM
MOGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CRJ200; FO

Originally Posted by dirtysidedown View Post
I have enjoyed my time so far at Xojet, great crews and quality of life on the road is probably some of the best i have seen in my flying career. I'm not really an airline kind of guy so i am staying put here for the foreseeable future. You get to fly to some really cool and challenging airports from time to time here versus the same old 10,000 foot ILS runways like the airlines. You're not gonna get rich working here but can live comfortably, and after a certain amount of years you get 3-4 weeks of vacation which turns into about 3 weeks off every quarter or so. One thing i would really like here would be a 7/7 schedule, we get that, and i would make it a career here for sure.
I agree. This is some of the best flying you can get while flying pax around. Lots of fun, challenging airports. I think they need to bump up to two weeks vaca at least down from 5 years to 2-3 years service and increase 1st year pay. Sounds like they are having a little tough time attracting pilots. The 7/7 would be great but very pilot call question about this has ending with a resounding "never going to happen". Apparently our business model can't sustain it.

Still. Great place an great pilot group.