Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Duesenflieger
Ich bin Pilot von Beruf

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: CRJ Kapitän

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Really? Hmm. I must not know much 'bout learnin', given that I've co-founded and successfully ran one of the largest flight schools on the left coast, taking a 3-airplane Part 61 flying club to a 30-airplane Part 141 school with more students than we could possibly count and a perfect safety record.

Yup, don't know much 'bout learnin'. No siree.

And I stand by my perspective on an SIC type rating. You stand by yours. We'll all be happy.
I don't care what you've founded, you are quite simply utterly wrong in your assessment that an SIC type rating is worthless. And we all know that not all school founders are the best teachers that exist. Perhaps the company that helped you receive yours did not put too much of an investment in its pilots. That is too bad. All I know is that mine were all earned with equal sweat and fear of failure as my SkyWest CL-65 ride. I wouldn't be the pilot that I am today without having earned them. I'm not trying to get on your case here personally, but your original statement was not very thought out all too well. Let us leave it at that.

Last edited by Duesenflieger; 09-01-2016 at 12:17 PM.