View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:37 AM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
No MEC can manipulate your emails, calls, or visits. If people want to be heard, they don't need a biased survey to do it. I've never been polled and haven't been told the questions, but I'm led to believe the survey - while statistically relevant - carries enough leading questions to be irrelevant on the whole. I'm not surprised to hear that the direct messages reps receive are noticeably different and personally believe they are more reflective of the group's sentiment.
I agree that the questions can be manipulative. However, the reason we are voting on Clinton/Trump is precisely the reason that you describe above. Input is ALWAYS from the vocal minority. Those within the standard deviations, for the most part are silent, hence the 'silent majority'. That will never change. I don't know what the answer is. Perhaps the MEC should be changing the survey/poll questions based on the input received via email-phone calls, but to use those emails-calls as the basis for crafting a deal is stupid and I would imagine will result in a little more gridlock. Jerry will be ecstatic.