View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by Trent900 View Post
I've been Jumpseating to and from the UK for years. Took UAL from GLA to EWR just last week. Simply walk up to ticket counter and ask to jumpseat. They check you are CASS approved and ask for your credit card for the taxes. There is no JS form! I paid exactly $113.82 last week. (I have paid $200 out of LHR!).

Your stby ticket gets you through security until you get a seat assignment at the gate. No need to list on UAL. I'm not sure if you are at a regional or not. But, back in my regional days, we didn't have reciprocal JS agreements for "international" travel. Check your agreements!

Trent
That's a great point and raises another question. I'm a Skywest pilot, so I have nonrev bennies on both UA and DL. Of course, I know how to list as a nonrev on UA and DL; I've just never done it internationally.

But do I list as a nonrev or list as a jumpseater? How do I find out whether our agreements with UA/DL allow int'l jumpseating? I know I can't ride in the actual J/S, but is there any advantage to listing as a jumpseater vs. listing as a regular nonrev?