Thread: PHX and LAX
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 09:41 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by bigmacdaddy View Post
With the new list, what are PHX and LAX looking like for being junior? Meaning; what are the chances a new hire would be able to get PHX or LAX as a base out of training or soon after now that the there is one list? Might be crystal ball info, but hoping there is tangible intel. Thanks for your input!
PHX is very senior because they've been kept separate for a decade. There are only about 25 new hires there (since 2014). I spent several hours pursuing LAA 3XP on my commute last night. It's pretty cool because it tells me my exact percentage in the category and base that I'm looking at. I'm 85% in CLT on the 320. In every LAA base I'd be in the 70% range or better. 59% in one (I suspect this will change as guys jump off the S80). On the flip side, group 4 FO is super senior compared to LUS.

There will slowly be a leveling out between bases over the next few years. A lot of PHX FO's can hold captain now (though most don't realize it, because they falsely believe it takes 50% to hold Capt). Those guys will start to bid Capt in other bases and PHX will see some movement and normalization.