View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:16 PM
A320ULCC
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by Junglejet320 View Post
Guys, I just wanted to advise anyone who is interested in Spirit to really pursue other options. I too thought an airline that sells its own tickets must be better than my regional but what this company has put me through in newhire class is inexcusable. I wasn't going to sign up on here and post in fear of retaliation but I just don't care anymore. I'm feeling like taking this job is one of the biggest mistakes of my career.

Training here has become an absolute cluster-----.

First of all, most pilots here like myself have families and understanding our benefits is a very important detail. For HR to cancel FOUR TIMES is just absolute BS. Being told Schedulers would come in and explain what goes on in their dept etc and how it could effect us etc never show up is also BS. As Newhire I have no idea how to enroll in benefits, how to bid, or generally do anything else that is usually taught day 1 in basic Indoc.

Yes I had a midnight Sim and no I did not know I was able to say no. Not the end of the world because the instructors have been very helpful and all around great. Same with the pilots I have met. The complete and total lack of communication is just down right unbelievable.

The F/As were all sent home due to the hurricane and we were told training was suspended. Great, we all thought we could go home and see our families.......nope. we are stuck here until training figures out what to do with us. They knew the fng storm was coming and yet they decided to just not answer the numerous emails and phone calls looking for a little direction.

Anyway. I cant update my apps quick enough and I'm not even typed in the Airbus yet. Take my advice and wait for Allegiant, JBlue, or a legacy to call.

Its just not worth it and has put a tremendous amount of unnecessary stress on all of us.

cheers
I feel for you and the rest of your class. As you are finding out, this company does not care about you or me or its customers. We are treated exactly like our customers. Poor employee service as well as poor customer service.
Just wait until you have to navigate a health issue and disability here. We are just an impediment to the company from making more money is how they view us with their free high fives and non caring attitude. They don't think we are worth what we are being paid now.
Nothing will change the way this management operates until we get a contract, merge or sold off and the clowns currently in charge migrate to the scum cargo carriers in S Florida because no one wants idiots like we have.
Good luck my friend and stay safe.