View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 07:18 AM
Frip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Slice,

The days off tool is on AAPilots, AA Scheduling, one of the choices. Another choice explains the rules. As you well know, there are a bunch of them. Like most things, You can't do what you want but you can still use it to some advantage. Any set of days off can be golden and you don't habe to worry about the moveable days when bidding reserve, as you can move them.

Anyone else...

More or less ten of the last fifteen years on reserve. Some of them flying to max for years in a row and some hardly flying. I do not remember ever having a moveable day moved, or flying into my day off, except perhaps gettimg back late after midnight.

That's probanly just luck. Yes, there are contractual items that people who come from other airlines, even regionals, shake their heads in disbelief at. The LUS guys being the most recent group to join that club.

However, I have yet to hear anyone say they'd go back, or that the contract in whole was worse than wherever they came from. As one discovers the easter eggs, one realizes that the apparent needless complexiy has its benefits - for those that make the effort.

NTL, it is what it is. Make the best of it. If you get a better offer that fits better and especially that allows a career of mostly driving to work, then you are allowed to leave. They can not hold you prisoner.