View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Okay, okay, I'll back off the "loser" comment.

My point is probably 95% of the guys here have already accomplished more in their lives than most of the NCAA/NFL athletes ever will. We got an FO who used to play pro ball--very sharp guy and probably won't ever need the FDX paycheck. We got tons of guys who were collegiate athletes here--a senior MD11 FO I know was an Olympic alternate to the 1984 swim team. And yeah--those guys--even our resident land crusier drivin' MD11 driver--seemed to turn out pretty well.

However, I still get amused when I go into the gym here in Panama City and here some folks talk about what "we" are gonna do this year... None of them have gone to college, must less Florida, Florida State, Miami, Auburn, or whoever they are pulling for. And while its nice when Auburn beats Florida or Alabama, the fact is my life really doesn't change one iota, and if the weather is nice that Saturday I might be out hunting, riding horses, flying a Navion, or even flying a 727 for momma Fred that day...and it just don't matter. Nobody on that team gave a damn about me in 1983-1987, and their accomplishments neither add nor diminish my own.

So if whooping it up for Kasey Kane or Dale Earnheart makes you happy--for heavens sakes--go watch it and buy the jackets and T-shirts. If the San Antonio Spurs winning keeps you smiling--good on all of ya...

If we are lucky, we got 70-80 healthy years. I decided a few years back I'm done wasting mine watching other people play. I got my own playin' to do...