Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Closed
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Default Where is the MOAB?

Where exactly is the MOAB? Personally, I don't think it will be a "MOAB", rather just a fairly lean bid that is used to fill the FDA's. It can't really be a three year bid b/c we'll be cranking up the 777 soon and more 757's will eventually be in MEM. Also, aren't we pretty much fat in every seat since the company started running the "sodomizer"? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
purplepilot is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
bustinmins's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: A Big One
Posts: 283
Default

I doubt we'll see a true, by 2006 standards, MOAB. I think we'll see some movement but like PC said, Bid what you want to fly..because you may be there for a few years.
bustinmins is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SNIZ's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX MD11 FO
Posts: 183
Talking Rumor

Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.
SNIZ is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #4  
...Whatever It Is!
 
MD11Fr8Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepilot View Post
Where exactly is the MOAB? Personally, I don't think it will be a "MOAB", rather just a fairly lean bid that is used to fill the FDA's. It can't really be a three year bid b/c we'll be cranking up the 777 soon and more 757's will eventually be in MEM. Also, aren't we pretty much fat in every seat since the company started running the "sodomizer"? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
Here you go! Moab
MD11Fr8Dog is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Completely Apolitical Nonsensical Slogan that has nothing to do with politics in the slightest....
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIZ View Post
Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.
That would make sense, because the excess bid Training letter fizzles about MOAIBUURAPWFTBNATFDAM + 45 days. At least on the Boeing. It seemed to be true on the 11 as well. Didn't check the Bus.

(Mother Of All Insignificant Bids Unless You aRe A Poolie Waiting For The Bad News About The Foreign Duty Assignment Monster.... Try to say that all in one breath)

No slam on the Poolies.... we all love you guys... really we do... Plus just think of all the good biotchin' you get to do once you're on property. See, there is a silver lining in that cloud after all.



TSD
Twiceskunkeddog is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiceskunkeddog View Post
(Mother Of All Insignificant Bids Unless You aRe A Poolie Waiting For The Bad News About The Foreign Duty Assignment Monster

TSD
That's what I was gonna say.
Lippy is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #7  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIZ View Post
Heard on the crew bus today from an LCA, 7 Sept. FWIW.
Sep 7th is also the word I got from an LCA.

Of course, I had a few LCA and flex instructors tell me during the CBA negotiatons, "The contract will be signed in a couple weeks." I heard that quote when we still had a year of negotiations to go. I don't believe anything here until it actually happens. Sometimes people "in the know" at FedEx really don't know much more than a line guy who is on extended military leave. We are like a sewing club when it comes to rumors. If nothing else, it is very entertaining.

32 percenter

Last edited by RockyTopFlyer; 08-26-2007 at 11:17 PM.
RockyTopFlyer is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Toccata's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: DC10 Captain
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTopFlyer View Post
Sep 7th is also the word I got from an LCA.

Of course, I had a few LCA and flex instructors tell me during the CBA negotiatons, "The contract will be signed in a couple weeks." I heard that quote when we still had a year of negotiations to go. I don't believe anything here until it actually happens. Sometimes people "in the know" at FedEx really don't know much more than a line guy who is on extended military leave. We are like a sewing club when it comes to rumors. If nothing else, it is very entertaining.

32 percenter
Assuming both LCA's are on the same jet, I'm betting they were briefed that date in a meeting.

45 days until closing, correct? That would make it closing about the Oct 22,23 time frame.

How does that compare to the earliest possible date of our esteemed legislatures passing (and the Pres. signing) the age 65 law? Daniel?
Toccata is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SC-7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD
Posts: 229
Default

Toccata, is that a jack russell or one of them there pit bulls?
SC-7 is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TheBaron's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata View Post
Assuming both LCA's are on the same jet, I'm betting they were briefed that date in a meeting.

45 days until closing, correct? That would make it closing about the Oct 22,23 time frame.

How does that compare to the earliest possible date of our esteemed legislatures passing (and the Pres. signing) the age 65 law? Daniel?
And why would anyone in their right mind believe a rumor from an LCA has any more validity than one from a bus driver? The SCP's never even get the date right. It will happen when it happens...now stop asking or I'll turn this car around.

Age 65 this fall? HaHaHa!! That's a good one.
TheBaron is offline  
 
 
 

 
Closed
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moab Stork Cargo 45 08-20-2007 05:42 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:48 PM.