View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post

I followed the vacation buyback in the triple and 76. I followed the draft calls in the 76. There were a lot of vocal noes flying their rumps off while I spent two years flying BLG.

It's pretty easy to see a handful of folks being selfish and short-sighted, and The Company really enjoys it when that tiny minority is given the power to spook a larger crowd -- like you.

It's a lot harder to see the THOUSANDS who were being patient and thoughtful and working toward a better long-term solution. It's also a lot harder to quantify the disappointment they experienced when the weaker sheep get scared and run towards the cliff.

Here we are a year later, and The Company still needs vacation buy-back in EVERY SEAT in the airline, except for the Airbus guys in Hong Kong that they can't seem to train. Why, because they're hiring new pilots off the street faster than they can train them.

Think about it. With EVERYONE working extra, it's still not enough now, and you were worried about a handful last year?!?! There's a reason The Company finally came to the table ready to make a deal -- it's because they could no longer survive without more than a handful of the people you saw trying to make a quick buck.

Some people spook easy.

Originally Posted by Check 6 View Post

Maybe unity is simply not being scared of the "others"

That's where, in my opinion, good leaders come into play. Good leaders motivate feeble, scared recruits into ruthless, fearless warriors. Weak leaders say, "Hey, take a look at this, see what y'all think."