View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:55 PM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Actually both were on the table. Remember PIBS? Remember management wanted all training to go to pros?
I'm talking about the TA we voted on, and about the resolve of their pilot groups compared to ours. I'm talking about our willful vote, at the height of profitability our corporation has seen, while you're comparing that to Delta's contract shoved down their throat during Chapter 11. So, difficult to even begin a comparison.

I see those two items you mention, as distractions brilliantly played by the company, meant to fatigue our NC and pilot group. Also they worked brilliantly in favor of the company in that, apparently for some, we "won" since our TA did not include huge detrimental changes to our A plan or all of our scheduling going to PBS (both forced on DAL in bankruptcy - NOT voted in by their pilot group), nor more pros in the schoolhouse (which don't even come close to what NURPs are - schoolhouse non-seniority pros are at many airlines).

You see, keeping PBS away (other than the SLS system) and keeping line pilots as pros are NOT wins. Those were status quo retentions. That was what we already had, as we voted prior to two of the most profitable quarters the corporation has ever seen.

I'm glad that you see this as a win and that you feel great about our contract and the majority's vote (pushed and sold by the NC). I certainly hope our NC in 2021 does not agree with your point of view.