View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 AM
BMEP100
Banned

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: Tom’s Whipping boy.

Originally Posted by C11DCA View Post
While the timing could have been better, it's the company's fault too. They wouldn't agree to a process that would be codified in the contract. Wonder why?

And you didn't get screwed out of money, you are getting paid for what you work per your PBS award. If $$ is that important to you why didn't you just bid a high time line anyways? (That does goes back to the timing issue which I agree could have been handled better, but that also may not have been ALPA's decision-perhaps we asked for December 1 and the company said no)

DC
They did agree to a process, and it was in place and working just fine. I used it to claw back money from June, It works just exactly like the middle seat deadhead pay. No Problem

So anything else is just supposition on your part. Neither of us know what the negotiating committee was demanding in addition to the current process, but logic tells us something was up. I have it on good authority that the MEC had a couple other "minor clean up items" they wanted included in the LOA as well- and There's the rub. These guys are like congressmen.

I know for certain ALPA did not ask for December. This came about due to a "cease and desist letter from ALPA attorneys".

The MEC got greedy and we are paying for it.