Thread: ExpressJet
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 02:31 PM
idlethrust
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot View Post
I am trying really, really, really hard to understand why anyone in their right mind would want to go to ExpressJet in today's environment.

I don't know if it's people not doing their research or maybe being misinformed but, to those of you applying to work there, are you aware that reserve is eternal and that you'll most likely never upgrade?

People are fleeing that place like the plague due to stagnation and beimg endless years on reserve. With other regionals, you'll be upgrading around the same time you'll have a line at XJT.

I am shaking my head in disbelief at this thread - I'm sure XJT is an awesome place to work at but that has nothing to do with career progression.
I heard that the big selling point of their recruiters is the notion that XJT sends more pilots to the majors and LLC'S with or w/o pic time than any other regional. There is a pie chart on their website that kind of breaks it all down.I guess their training is excellent and the majors love their fo's due to that fact.If you are looking for pic time,don't look at XJT. If you are looking for a good qol,excellent pay,contract and working environment then yeah look at xjt.What would you do if you had previous 121 time and had an offer from xjt,PDT and Gojet?
You live in an XJT base,would enjoy great qol,but would never upgrade? Do you go to XJT and wait for the call from a major or llc as an fo or do you go to PDT or G7 ,upgrade when you feel ready and log that coveted pic time?????
I know someone that is pondering that decision right now. I talked to him earlier today and he is leaning toward xjt.