Thread: ExpressJet
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Da40Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
I heard that the big selling point of their recruiters is the notion that XJT sends more pilots to the majors and LLC'S with or w/o pic time than any other regional. There is a pie chart on their website that kind of breaks it all down.I guess their training is excellent and the majors love their fo's due to that fact.If you are looking for pic time,don't look at XJT. If you are looking for a good qol,excellent pay,contract and working environment then yeah look at xjt.What would you do if you had previous 121 time and had an offer from xjt,PDT and Gojet?
You live in an XJT base,would enjoy great qol,but would never upgrade? Do you go to XJT and wait for the call from a major or llc as an fo or do you go to PDT or G7 ,upgrade when you feel ready and log that coveted pic time?????
I know someone that is pondering that decision right now. I talked to him earlier today and he is leaning toward xjt.
Huh? How is being 2+ years on reserve/ready reserve good QOL? So you're basically ok with making $25/hour with no incentives whatsoever just so that you can live in base? You have got to be kidding me. No major will hire an XJT guy over any other regional airline. Their metric and algorithms don't give you more points for coming from XJT.

Our regional is a refugee camp for former XJT pilots and not a day goes by when I don't hear a horror story of 7 year FOs who never got anywhere there.