View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:37 AM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by WhiteHammer View Post
Wrong. The company puts 13% into my 401K, and I get profit sharing I am not counting it twice. They changed it remember. That 5% that use to be called profit sharing that goes into our 401K was changed, it's called something else now. It doesn't matter what it's called. The company puts a total of 13% into my 401K and I still get profit sharing. I don't know where this lie of yours started but I am getting tired of it.

Base pay 3.5%
Retirement 2%
Profit sharing 5% (maybe)

That's 10%, pretty far off from 30-40%, lol.

Guys I know there hate there insurance as much as ours. They also would rather have a vacation system like ours. In the first couple years they only get 2 vacations a year. If you don't use your PTO you can take easy 4 a year. Or you can sell it back. They actually have to call in sick to use there benefits. Slips? Come on, we all know senior FOs and captains that live in base at every airline that make out like bandits. Sure we all hear of that 1 guy that lives in Atlanta that made 250 as an FO, you think they all do that? There are senior FOs on the bus in JFK that average 140 credit a month, sell back PTO on top of it.

There pay is higher than ours, but don't fall into this propaganda that they are making 30-40% more. In a couple year groups maybe, as a whole no.
How am I supposed to take my kids on vacation when only the very top few can get summer off?