View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by SevereClear View Post
Union this, Union that...you people make me sick.

When did you wake up one day and decide that you'd want a "representative" to "represent" you? Here's an idea: Go knock on someone's door and have a civil conversation. Or can't you speak for yourself?

But, hey - go ahead and hide behind the yoke...that'll get a lot accomplished.

You people have no clue how good you have it. You get to wake up in the morning, be around aircraft all day (even if it is at the FBO on standby) and then you get to fly at FL410 with the best view in the house.

Go work in an office for a day with no windows.

There are people in this world that will never have the opportunity to do what you're doing. None of them will ever be able to flip through their logbooks one day and remember all the great places that YOU HAVE BEEN! You travel the region, the country, the world...some never get to leave their hometown's backyard.

Being a pilot used to be - and still is - a very honorable profession. Nobody forced you into this field...you CHOSE it because at one point you loved it.

Some of you CLEARLY don't.
Aviation is very cut throat and due to seniority people tend to stay in one place. They need a union. However that being said pilots in general would complain if you hung them with a new rope. I've never been anywhere where people get 15+ days off a month and still manage to find ways to complain. I've never had a life so easy as doing this. I spend everyday I have off currently working the ricefields, for my father for free, in bullSh hot weather with 100% plus humidity working my ass off only to hear a people complain about how life is treating them so harshly. Suck it up. Only thing I can think of is those people don't know what a hard job really is. Next time you go to complain think about if you'd complain like that to someone else who isn't a pilot. Most pilots probably wouldn't because people wouldn't take them serious and would tell them to count their blessings. I wake up everyday and am so damn glad I have things this "bad".