View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 12:29 AM
Crunch
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: Future career pilot

Weatherman, I am interested in your experience. My quotes came from private colleges, as I am currently living overseas and don't have ready access to State colleges. I am sure you can find cheaper tuition at State colleges, but wonder how much less they will be charging for the flight training.

As for VA capping training to single engine, limiting flight hours, and capping Yellow Ribbon for aviation programs, that came directly from both the VA (asked to speak to senior managers handling the education accreditation process as well as managers handling payment authorizations)and from Liberty and a couple of their listed partner flight schools. Of course Liberty offered ME training and Instructor Qualifications, but claimed VA would not pay for their flight training (i.e. lab fees).

I would love for my information to be wrong, as it would open more training options for me. And again, I admit most of my research came from Liberty and partnered flight schools and a couple other private schools.

Sorry for the lengthy original post. Just wanted to be thorough for a fellow serviceman.

I would be happy to share some of my research, e-mails, flight school interviewed etc if anyone PMs.