Thread: Call Back
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Archie Bunker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Brown 747-400

Originally Posted by RemoveB4flght View Post
What specifically sucks about these trips from ONT? Timings, duration, crappy layovers? It's kind of a subjective thing I suppose, but for a guy who has done long haul flying around the world and would rather maximize time in base and doesn't care if he flies to Seoul or Sioux City, would that make a difference?
Yes, it is a very subjective thing. If you don't care how long your layovers are, or whether you spend the night in HKG or RFD, then ONT would be fine for you.

I like to enjoy myself on these trips. I can't do it with a 16 hour layover in CRK, or a 12 hour layover in SZX. 3 legs per night transiting SZX isn't a whole lot of fun either.

I prefer longer layovers that give me time to relax, unwind, enjoy a few local sites/restaurants/bars. I should have stayed on the whale. Better trips (for me), longer layovers, better cities.

You, of all people coming from the 777, would be beating your head against the wall if you had to go back to the 75/76. Ancient technology/displays are hard to adjust to, and you wouldn't be loving life. It's hard to go back to a Hyundai, when you've been driving a Cadillac.