View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:06 AM
MoosePileit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: The IPA EB speaks for me

Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
I for one am dying to know what you wrote. Could have a lot of fun with that one.
So, they are trying to cherry pick Rated Reservists from what the powers that be no doubt perceive as not so great an airline QOL back to active duty..... An idea that is 2 years too late for many as the lines are picking back up/recalling/hiring.

Everyone that accepts such a return probably sends some poor pilot to the non-flying deployed AOR jobs, rather than getting a 2-3 year break home w/ the family not flying on the staff tour. It's bad enough to not fly on a staff job, I imagine. Talk about feeding the machine.

My conditions: Whomever I replace in the staff job gets to stay in their airframe and fly. (one of those king for a day type answers, I know)...

Give the 30 days of leave per year that Congress says we have. Stop doing more w/ less by stealing money, time and perceived lifestyle by getting 5-10% extra days out of me in a year. If you take my leave, repay at 2:1 in days or $.

Of course there will be your favorite proficiency keeper involved parked on the nearest ramp suiting your aviating needs. Golf club pods too, for those so inclined, while I'm being wing king for a day, might as well go for the gusto)....

I'm not sure how to make anything else politically correct enough to mess around with- The do more with less leadership will draw up a new pot of money and make this look like a great deal for all involved, or at least those that dreamt it up and made the survey. Probably right after looking around a 1/2 empty cube farm and handing his best staffer deployment orders or finding out the new replacement got rerouted to the AOR again.

Think about the scene in "Armageddon" where the roughnecks are negotiating w/ the NASA folks over compensation.... That would do!